Neighborhood Greening Exchange
|When: Dec 08, 2012 from 09:30 am to 02:00 pm|
This half-day forum on community-driven greenspace projects will be held at Ventura Elementary School, 145 SE 117th Ave., Portland OR.
Saturday, Dec. 8 | 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
This half-day forum on community-driven greenspace projects will be held at Ventura Elementary School, 145 SE 117th Ave., Portland OR. Please contact Portland Audubon's East-side Branch if you have questions or concerns at 503-349-9554.
Para leer este en español, por favor vaya a esta página.
Registration: Please register online.
Cost: Pay $5 at the door, cash or check accepted.
What is it?
- A half-day forum to share information and strategies on community driven neighborhood park, natural area, and other greenspace projects.
- An opportunity to inspire and educate new community greenspace advocates.
- Provide a forum to discuss strategies for effective and successful community organizing, outreach to diverse communities, fund raising, effective collaboration with local governments, the media, businesses, and non-profit organizations.
Individuals interested in learning how to develop and implement a neighborhood green space projects, including trails, community gardens, natural area acquisition and restoration, or other public greenspace efforts. Spanish language translation and childcare will be provided.
What are the details?
- Cost $5 per person, cash or check accepted at the door
- Lunch & snacks provided
- Advanced registration required
- Event limited to 80 participants
- Childcare available
- Spanish language translation available
Who will be there?
Project presenters: Friends of Gateway Green, Nadaka Nature Park and Garden Project, Let Us Build Cully Park, Green Lents, Depave, and the Portland Parks Foundation. There will be lunchtime screening of a local greenspace advocacy film on the Kellogg-for-Coho Initiative produced by Gregory Baartz-Bowman and Mark Gamba.
9:30-10 a.m. | Registration, Check-in, & Snacks
10-10:20 a.m. | Welcome & Session 1 Intro
10:20-10:35 a.m. | First Presenter (Session 1) Linda Robinson - Friends of Gateway Green
10:35-10:50 a.m. | Second Presenter (Session 1) Tony Defalco - Let's Build Thomas Cully Park
10:50-11:05 a.m. | Third Presenter (Session 1) Lee Dayfield & Jim Labbe - Nadaka Nature Park and Garden Project
11:05-11:20 a.m. | Session 1 Q&A
11:20-11:30 a.m. | Break- Snacks - Networking
11:30-11:35 a.m. | Session 2 Intro
11:35-11:50 a.m. | First Presenter (Session 2) DePave
11:50 a.m. -12:05 p.m. | Second Presenter (Session 2) Green Lents
12:05-12:20 p.m. | Third Presenter (Session 2) Portland Parks Foundation
12:20-12:30 p.m. | Session 1 Q&A
12:30-12:45 p.m. | Break to Get Lunches
12:45-1:30 p.m. | Lunch & Screening of Local Advocacy film on the Kellogg-for-Coho Initiative
1:30-1:45 p.m. | Q&A with Film Producers Gregory Baartz-Bowman and Mark Gamba
1:45-2 p.m. | Closing and Thank You