Spring Education Intern
Environmental Education SPRING Internship
Multiple Positions Available
Come join the education team of the Audubon Society of Portland and lead groups of kids eager to learn about the region’s wild areas and wildlife. In this internship, you will gain the experience needed to lead tours of our sanctuary to elementary age children. Assist with our school programs and field trips.
· Lead Sanctuary Tours for elementary children
· Assist with in-school programs and fieldtrips
· Special projects and other duties as assigned
- Open to 3rd or 4th year college students, recent graduates and/or equivalent experience working with school aged children.
- Must be positive, enthusiastic, responsible, a team player and possess good communication skills.
- Background or experience in education, environmental education, natural sciences, biology, or other related fields preferred.
This is a full or part- time program from March 21st – June 3rd, 2016
Sign up with Portland Audubon as an Intern and you will gain:
- College credit (Check with your university)
- Experience teaching and developing environmental education programs with one of the oldest, most respected environmental organizations in the Northwest
- Knowledge of the ecology of the Pacific Northwest
- $150 stipend per week (full time) or $75 per week (part time)
- Possible extension of internship into the summer
Please send a cover letter and résumé with references to:
or by mail:
Audubon Society of Portland Attn: Ian Abraham
SPRING Education Internship
5151 NW Cornell Rd
Portland OR 97210-1081
Deadline is March 9th at 4:00pm. Applications are encouraged prior to deadline.
For more information look on www.audubonportland.org or call Ian Abraham at 503-292-6855.