Press releases, press clips and press contacts
This is the pressroom for the Audubon Society of Portland.
Jun 21, 2016
- Conservation groups submitted petitions today asking the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife (ODFW) and the Oregon Board of Forestry to take new measures to better identify and protect important forest areas for protected marbled murrelets.
Jun 14, 2016
Case Could Cast Uncertainty on State’s Larger Privatization Effort for the ForestThe Oregon Court of Appeals is set to decide the legality of a 788-acre timber sale on the Elliott State Forest following a court hearing last Friday.
May 26, 2016
- To protect dwindling Greater Sage-Grouse habitat on Steens Mountain in southeastern Oregon, a federal appeals court today rejected the Secretary of the Interior’s approval of an industrial-scale wind project that would have forever marred one of Oregon’s most cherished high desert natural areas, holding that the Bureau of Land Management failed to consider the project’s effects on the bird’s crucial winter habitat areas.
May 17, 2016OPB
- Dozens of protesters rallied outside the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service office in Portland Tuesday, calling for federal officials to stop killing cormorants on the Columbia River.
Jan 19, 2016Oregonian
- As hundreds of nature lovers and conservationist gathered Tuesday at Northeast Portland's Holladay Park, a red-tail hawk soared above and gave a loud screech. The crowd cheered, celebrating the symbolism during a rally calling for Ammon Bundy and his anti-government group to end their armed occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge as it entered its third week.
Conservation groups denounce Oregon occupiers, saying this is not what Republican Teddy Roosevelt envisioned at allJan 05, 2016The Washington Post
- Conservation groups are bristling at the takeover by antigovernment protesters of a federal wildlife sanctuary in Oregon, warning that the armed group is endangering the refuge’s fragile ecosystem.