Picture your next meeting or event surrounded by nature!
"The Audubon Society facility is a great, nearby getaway for our offsite meeting. Everyone attending appreciated the quiet, peaceful setting which helped us disconnect from our day-to-day frantic environment. We were able to focus and get to work right away. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and I know we’ll return."
-Tara Taylor, VP Marketing & Planning, OPB
Treat your staff to a true retreat just minutes from downtown:
- Increase productivity – meetings held in natural environments are less tiring and more effective than those held in conventional settings.
- Intimate areas both indoors and out for break-out sessions and team-building exercises.
- Enjoy breaks outside in the fresh air; stretch your legs (and minds) on our trails.
Where We Are
Our location and 150-acre wildlife nature sanctuary are minutes from downtown Portland. Our trail system connects with Forest Park with 5000 acres and 70 miles of trails. Free parking for cars is offered at our facility and additional parking is available at Macleay Park, a two minute walk away.
Your rental fees directly support Portland Audubon, a 501c (3) organization. For more information on our rental facilities, or to check on availability, please call Tom Costello at 503-292-6855 ext 106.
To make your reservation please complete the "Heron Hall Reservation Form and Rental Agreement" and return with payment.
Heron Hall is 31x31 feet. It accommodates 75 people if organized auditorium style and 50 people if organized banquet style. Rental includes:
- Tables and chairs, 42 inch flat-screen monitor, and 10x12 projector screen.
- Kitchen with small refrigerator, microwave, coffee urn, dishes, cups, silverware.
- Nature library and natural history display.
- Use of our sanctuary and trails.
- Wi-fi access.
- $50 per hour – two hour minimum.
- $25 non refundable deposit.
- Certificate of insurance naming Audubon Society of Portland as additional insured required at time of deposit.
- Business members receive special discounts. To become a business member, call 503-292-6855 and speak to our Development Director.
Sanctuary and Trails
Our sanctuary includes 150 acres of mixed conifer forest and 4.5 miles of maintained trails. Western red cedars, big leaf maples and western hemlocks offer cool shade in summer and protection during showers.
A unique feature of our sanctuaries is a small stand of ancient Douglas fir trees estimated to be 400-500 years old.