Lost Bird Community Dedication and Fair
|When: Jun 26, 2010 from 10:00 am to 03:00 pm|
(503) 292-6855 x130
Help us dedicate the West Coast launch of The Lost Bird project in a fun, FREE day at Waterfront Park.
Help us dedicate the West Coast launch of The Lost Bird project in a fun, FREE day at Waterfront Park. Learn about endangered species – and learn what YOU can do to help in conservation efforts to prevent future extinctions. See how everything connects – from your backyard to habitat in forests, fields, mountains and rivers hundreds of miles away.
The Audubon Society of Portland will be joined by The Zoo and the conservation group BARK in planning many cool hands-on activities for the whole family.
- See the Portland Audubon Education Birds! (Including Hazel, the Northern Spotted Owl; Ruby the Turkey Vulture; and Finnegan the Peregrine Falcon.)
- Dress like a Condor & learn what it means to be a scavenger
- Join tours of the Lost Bird statues
- Enjoy performances by storytellers roaming the grounds
- Make a birdfeeder to take home
- Help Paint a huge Forest mural
- Make bird postcards to send to family and friends
- See and feel cool specimens of bird wings and feathers and bones
- Get discount coupons and special offers from local restaurants and shops in the Waterfront area.
A program of talks by the Artist, Todd McGrain, storytelling, and Education Bird presentations will occur every half hour throughout the day.
Bring the whole family and play with us!
Location: Waterfront Park (behind 1816 SW River Dr, near the “circle” by the river). Map
- Ride your bike – Waterfront Park is just south of the Tom McCall Park bike path.
- Public Transportation – Trimet Bus & Streetcar options
- Parking available in garage on SW River Dr or SW Montgomery St
In Partnership with Regional Arts and Culture Council and Portland Parks and Recreation
With generous support from Georgia Leupold Marshall
With additional support from: Pizza Schmizza, McCormick & Schmicks, Sushi & River Restaurant, Riverfront Café, Thirst Wine Bar.