Bird Journals: Sketching & Painting Birds Simply for your Pleasure
|When: Feb 11, 2017 from 10:00 am to 03:00 pm|
Feb. 11, Mar. 18 or Apr. 22 | Explore ways to add birds to your nature journal with Jude Siegel.
Artist and author Jude Siegel provides simple approaches for anyone who likes birds and wants to record them easily on paper. Create or continue a bird journal and learn to see and draw just enough to suggest the bird you saw. Then add some watercolor and create a sense of the surroundings. Fun and easy exercises to help you record the birds you see by hand. You will learn so much that way. NO ART EXPERIENCE REQUIRED, just enthusiasm!
Each class has a specific focus and is complete in itself. You can take one, or take them all! All classes will use watercolor, pen, and pencil. See the supply list below.
Session 3: April 22nd (Sat), 10AM - 3PM : Ways to suggest trees, water, rocks, and skies with drawing and watercolor
Session 4: May 20th (Sat), 10AM - 3PM : Sketching birds: form, pose, and how to get it on paper
Session 5: June 10th (Sat), 10AM - 3PM : Continuing to record birds (includes review of seeing and drawing) we will explore more ways to create an interesting bird page, with drawings, watercolor, leaf-prints, writing and more.
All sessions are held in Heron Hall
- lunch and snacks
- water bottle
- dress for weather (we will be outside, briefly and under shelter)
- sketchbook or watercolor journal with at least 90# paper
- waterproof black or dark pen (such as PITT pens)
- small set of watercolors such as PRANG (or purchase Jude's paintbox, 9 colors of professional quality paints in a small travel palette. $50, please order at least a week ahead. Email Jude: email@example.com)
- watercolor brush (#8-10 round, if possible)
- small ruler
- 2-3 small water cups (little yogurt containers work well)
Fee: $45 members / $60 non-members per session
(Event Type = Adult Class)