Pre-registration required for all classes. Click here for information on how to go about it.
Online registration is available for most adult classes.
Online registration steps:
- Follow the registration link at the end of each class description: REGISTER ONLINE HERE. This link is also live if you want to get started now.
- Choose either "returning user" or "new user."
- Choose the correct Event Type: Adult Class, Adult Class with Field Trip, or Field Class.
- Check the box to select the class you wish to register for. Later in the process you will have the option to add a class and/or add another person as many times as you wish.
- Continue through to confirmation. Credit card or e-check payment is required to complete the process.
If you see the class you want has a wait list, put yourself on it and also contact Eric Scheuering as some spots may still remain. If you have any difficulties with the online registration system, please also send Eric Scheuering an email: email@example.com. Thanks.
Register by Phone, Mail or Email
To register by phone, mail or email, follow the steps below.
Step 1: Get your name on the class roster
By phone: 971-222-6119
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If this is your first time taking an Audubon class, be sure to provide complete contact information: full name(s), phone, email, mailing address, member or non-member status. If you've registered for a class before, then no need to repeat all of your contact information.
A note about lecture-style classes:
If the class is lecture-style only (e.g., all of Harry Nehls' classes) there will almost always be enough seats, and up to the week prior you are safe simply mailing or calling in your payment and information (Step 2).
A long-standing tradition of drop-in-and-pay-at-the-door is also honored for these types of classes, so if you learn about the class at the last minute, don't let that stop you but DO CALL TO CONFIRM THERE IS ROOM! Rarely, sign-ups exceed our capacity for seating but it has been known to happen when an unusual or infrequently offered class is scheduled. If dropping in, either pay the person checking people in when you arrive, or pay at the Nature Store. Please arrive early.
Step 2: Pay the class fee
Payment is required to secure your place in the class. It is in
everyone's best interest to pay your class fee promptly. If payment
is not received within 10 working days you may lose your spot in the
Payment method: Checks
Make payable to Audubon Society of Portland, and mail to:
Audubon Society of Portland
5151 NW Cornell Road
Portland, OR 97210
ATT: Adult Classes
Indicate on check or an enclosed slip of paper the name of the
class(es) you are paying for. If you have not already provided it, also
provide your name(s), your contact information (email is especially
helpful), your membership status, mailing address and your consent (yes or no) to have photographs of you used in our publications.
Payment method: Credit card
VISA, Mastercard, Discover only - 3% service fee will be charged
The following information is required to process a payment - card number, expiration, 3 digit code on back of card, billing address zip code and numerical portion of billing address. We offer three ways to pay by card:
- Pay by phone with the Nature Store: Call the Audubon Nature Store at 503-292-WILD (9453) during store hours, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. on Monday-Saturday, and 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Sunday. Let them know you are already on the class roster and you'd like to pay your fee by credit card.
- Pay by phone with Adult Education Program Manager Eric Scheuering: Call Eric at 971-222-6119 during office hours, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. However, he is often out leading trips for extended periods.
- Pay in person at the Nature Store: Cash, check, or credit (+3%) are accepted.
Step 3: Receive your confirmation
When the adult education manager receives notification of your payment, you will receive a brief email indicating it has been recorded and you are in the class. For certain classes (chiefly those with a field component or size limit), you will receive an additional confirmation notice with further information via email about 1-2 weeks before the class. Unless otherwise stated, all evening programs meet in Heron Hall: Audubon Society of Portland, 5151 NW Cornell Road, Portland, OR 97210.
Payment and Cancellation Policy for Adult Classes
Full payment is expected for a class upon registration. If participants need to cancel, their enrollment cancellations must be received in writing (email OK) TWO WEEKS prior to the class in order to receive a full refund. If cancellation notice is received less than 2 weeks from the class date then a full refund minus $10 processing fee can be given IF the vacancy can be filled from a wait list. If it cannot be filled from a wait list then the entire amount is forfeited.
If the Audubon Society of Portland needs to cancel a program due to low enrollment, participants will be given as much advance notification as possible and a full refund. The Audubon Society of Portland reserves the right to cancel classes due to inclement weather or instructor illness up to the date of the class, in which case a full refund will also be given.