Multi-day trips to fascinating destinations with a focus on birds and general natural history of the area.
Domestic Ecotours offer an opportunity to get close to nature as you explore and learn about new habitats. Experienced Audubon Society of Portland leaders help you get the most out of your trip.
We offer trips throughout Oregon, the western United States and beyond. We typically travel in 15-passenger vans with 7-9 participants per van. We have regular destinations offered nearly every year, such as Klamath Basin and Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, with new destinations added frequently. View our complete 2014-2015 calendar of trips (PDF), and view our tour policy (PDF) for information about deposits, cancellations, equipment and more.
Your travel dollar supports our education programs and a portion of your fee is a tax-deductible contribution to the Audubon Society of Portland. Participants will receive a tax letter from our development office.
With Kirk Hardie
Feb. 16-22, 2015
The subtropical Mediterranean climate of Southern California makes for a perfect winter home for many wonderful species of birds. Based out of San Diego, this tour will take you through a variety of habitats from coastal lagoons to interior mountains and deserts, and to one of Southern California’s most popular birding destinations, the Salton Sea. More
Current trip leaders include:
- Steve Robertson, Education Director | 503-292-6855 x 118 | email@example.com
- Eric Scheuering, Adult Education Programs Manager | 971-222-6119 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dan van den Broek, Trip Leader and Educator | 971-222-6105 | email@example.com
- Kirk Hardie, Co-executive Director of the Tahoe Institute for Natural Science and former Audubon educator
- Candace Larson, Portland Audubon School of Birding graduate, Portland Audubon Conservation Intern at Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, volunteer field trip leader.
- Patty Newland, Portland Audubon Master Birder and School of Birding graduate, volunteer leader for field trips and ecotours.
Trip leaders may change due to their availability.