- Trip leader: Stefan Schlick
- When: February 1-5, 2023
- Fee: $1,450 member / $1,750 non-member
- Single supplement: TBD
- Group size: Limited to 10 participants
What is included: All ground transportation, double-occupancy lodging, breakfasts, lunches, local guides, entrance fees, excursions, and the services of your skilled leaders.
What is not included: Airfares, dinners, alcoholic beverages
Tentative Itinerary & Policies
Stefan is an expert guide with vast knowledge of natural history, specializing in birds, butterflies, dragonflies, and plants. His enthusiasm for sharing his knowledge and love of birds is contagious.
Stefan has been birding the world for three decades and has led trips throughout the US for 25 years. Being from Germany originally, Stefan has birded Europe extensively. He has also led ecotours around the world, from Brazil and Morocco to Australia.
Participant reviews from previous Arizona ecotours with Stefan:
- Stefan has an incredible ear for birds and tries to help everyone get good looks at every bird.
- Absolutely yes. The group size seemed ideal; the guides were great, the pace was fine, and the guides’ sensitivity to inclusiveness was excellent.
- His knowledge and passion led us to the number of species that we saw, while his respect for the birds, their habitat, and their need for territory showed his sensitivity.
- Stefan has excellent site and birding knowledge and is very patient, always kept his cool, professional manner. He kept us very well informed about what was coming up for travel, bird sites, restroom breaks. Good advice on expected morning temperatures and how long we would be in the field so everyone stayed comfortable.