Home / Events / Cancelled: Bird Journals: Bird & Their Habitats – Paint & Pattern
Fun with creating patterns and paint-shapes that suggest different habitats, such as rocks, water, trees, grasses …and the birds too!
Sign up for this class to develop your unique artistic style to interpret the birds you see, and their surroundings, to capture the gist of the birds on your pages.
Fee: $55 members / $75 non-members per session
Location: Portland Audubon Bat Roost, downstairs from the main lobby (5151 NW Cornell Road, Portland Oregon)
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Bring your own lunch, snacks, water bottle
Limited to 16 participants per session
Please bring the following to the class in a pack or bag you can carry easily. Read carefully before you go to the store and contact Jude if you have questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
All supplies may be found at Artist and Craftsman (two locations) and The Merri Artist, online and in McMinnville . Bring this list and mention my name for a student discount.
- Journal: A coilbound or sewn sketchbook with at least 90# paper that can take watercolor. Examples: Handbook, Strathmore (many people like this one, decent paper and black cover), Canson and others. Size: at least about 8 x 10, your choice. This will be your journal, so choose something that you like!
- Waterproof black pen. Example: Uniball vision elite (light grey with black fisheye top, says waterproof)
Faber-Castell Pitt, medium or fine
3. Paints: a small travel palette of watercolors with hinges that shut. I can make a small travel paintbox for you with 10 professional colors, for $55. Please order from me at least one week before class. Other options for paints: Bring watercolors you have, or pick up a set of PRANG. They are inexpensive but usable, until you want something of higher quality. I do NOT recommend student grade watercolors, like Cotman, Koi etc.
4. Watercolor brush, round, size #10. Princeton makes a blend that is reasonable. My favorite is Escoda versatil #10 rigger
5. Water containers: small yogurt size, 2-3
7. Soft pencil, #4B Example: woodless pencil #4B
8. Kneaded eraser