Nature Adventure Club: Birds, Mammals, Amphibians, and more!
Winter is coming! Learn why we have winter and how different animals survive through the winter and the strategies and adaptations they have that help them!
Birds, Mammals, Amphibians, and more! In this session, we’ll learn discover how birds prep food for the winter, why some leave, and the special adaptations that birds, mammals, insects and amphibians have to survive the coldest days!
When: December 8, 2020
Fee: $14.95 members/$19.95 non-members
Zoom: A secure Zoom link will be sent to the email address you used to register, one to two days before the session.
Class time: 3:30-4:30 pm
Materials: Paper, pencil or pen
Each program involves:
- Live virtual class sessions with one of Portland Audubon’s educators and small groups of children (fifteen or less).
- Easy to do, hands-on activities for kids using paper, markers, and a window!
- Additional scavenger hunts and resources for families to extend the adventure together outside.
- A link to the virtual class will be emailed to you when you register, as well as one day before the program. Please be on the lookout and have Zoom downloaded on your device.
- If your child misses or can’t make a program, we are happy to send a link to the recording that will last until the end of the month.