Learn about and explore:
- the many benefits of spending time in nature, and in particular with birds, for one’s physical and mental health, and overall well-being
- how spending time with birds in a mindful way can deepen one’s appreciation for our feathered friends as well as enhance our connection to the natural world, and to ourselves
- ways to develop heightened awareness and acceptance for birding in various settings and capacities from at home to far distant lands and,
- how one’s story about life and birds can foster a sense of community that honors what we have in common as well as celebrates our differences
- Experience birds in a whole new way wherever you are and whenever you wish- all you have to do is look up, take notice, and open your heart and mind.
Tammah Watts is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Certified Kripalu Mindful Outdoor Guide, birder, and an advocate for the equitable accessibility of nature, health, and mental health for all. She has served communities for over 35 years in managerial, clinical, and consulting roles for private, non-profit, community college, and public sectors. Tammah is the Best-selling Author of KEEP LOOKING UP: Your Guide to the Powerful Healing of Birdwatching. She lives in San Diego, California with her husband, Harrison, and their little dog Sophie Cat, and enjoys visiting (and birding) with their children and grandchildren.