- This event has passed.
Our trip begins at Zumwalt Prairie where we’ll look for Swainson’s Hawks, Horned Larks, and Vesper Sparrows. We’ll then head towards Joseph and explore local hotspots looking for Short-Eared Owls, Long-Billed Curlews, and Western Meadowlarks. Next it is on to Hell’s Canyon where we’ll be searching for Bobolinks, White-throated Swifts, Rock Wrens, and Prairie Falcons.
On our last full day, we’ll visit Rhinehart Bridge with a goal of seeing Gray Catbirds and Veery as well as Ladd Marsh for ducks, American Avocets, and other wetland species. Finally – we’ll be sure to make time for Virtue Flats to spot sagebrush species such as Brewer’s Sparrows, Sage Thrashers, and Burrowing Owls.
- Trip Leader: Dan van den Broek and April Brown
- Fee: $995 members / $1,195 non-members
- Deposit: $500 required to secure your place
- Single supplement: $225
- Group size: Limited to 14 participants
- What is included: Fee includes all ground transportation, four nights double-occupancy lodging, all meals except dinners, all entrance fees, and the services of your experienced leaders.
Dan van den Broek
Dan has over 15 years of experience leading international birding trips for Portland Audubon. With prior experiences at Point Reyes Bird Observatory, Redwood Sciences Lab, Klamath Bird Observatory, Costa Rica Bird Observatory, and Avifauna Northwest, Dan brings immense enthusiasm and passion for birds and natural history to all of his trips.