- Trip Leader: Stefan Schlick
- Fee: $350 members / $450 non-members
- When: February 23-25, 2024, 6:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Group size: Limited to 10 participants
- What is Included: The services of your experienced Portland Audubon leader.
- Not Included: Transportation, meals, and lodging
Stefan is an expert guide with vast knowledge of natural history, specializing in birds, butterflies, dragonflies, and plants. His enthusiasm for sharing his knowledge and love of birds is contagious.
Stefan has been birding the world for three decades and has led trips throughout the US for 25 years. Being from Germany originally, Stefan has birded Europe extensively. He has also led ecotours around the world, from Brazil and Morocco to Australia.
“Really worked hard with the difficult weather conditions to get us all on a long list of target birds” – Owls by Day 2021 participant
“My learning curve got a lot steeper. Increased my knowledge about what birds said, did, ate, wore, lived, moved, nested, socialized with, got freaked out by, and where they did it and why. I learned so so much.” – Owls by Day 2021 participant
“Stefan is a great leader, very knowledgeable, and able to adapt the itinerary based on weather conditions and recent sightings.” – Owls by Day 2022 participant