- This event has passed.
Yakima provides easy access to a variety of habitats as we search for avian highlights such as Long-billed Curlew, Burrowing Owl, Eastern Kingbird, Redhead, and Calliope Hummingbird. As we move through the region, we will also enjoy a lovely assortment of wildflowers, butterflies, and dragonflies.Register
- Trip Leaders: Dan van den Broek & Brodie Cass Talbott
- Fee: $600 members / $800 non-members
- When: June 17-June 20, 10:30 am – 4:00 pm
- Group size: Limited to 10 participants
- What is included: the services of your experienced Portland Audubon leaders. *This is a self-guided tour. Lodging, meals, transportation, and park entrance fees are your responsibility.
Mandatory COVID guidelines:
- Stay home if you or a member in your household have any symptoms, or if you have been in contact with anyone with these symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Everyone drive on their own, with members of their household
- Everybody must wear a face covering at all times
- Everybody remain at least 6 feet apart at all times
- No more than 10 people, plus the instructor
- Only go to locations with plenty of room to stay safe:
- Wide, open spaces are best
- No crowded trails – limit to early morning walks and/or weekdays
- Prioritize trails that are one-directional
- Prioritize locations with trails at least 6-feet wide
Brodie Cass Talbott
Brodie works as an educator with Portland Audubon. After many years of wildland firefighting and leading river tours, he spent six years living and teaching across Asia, where his interest in birds became his passion. He has birded across five continents, and uses his experience in education and ecotourism to share his love of the outdoors with people from all ages, backgrounds, and abilities, with an eye towards increasing access to wild spaces for people from diverse communities.
Dan van den Broek
Dan has over 15 years of experience leading international birding trips and teaching classes for Portland Audubon. With prior experiences at Point Reyes Bird Observatory, Redwood Sciences Lab, Klamath Bird Observatory, Costa Rica Bird Observatory, and Avifauna Northwest, Dan brings immense enthusiasm and passion for birds and natural history to all of his trips.