- This event has passed.
Serious birders, ornithologists, conservation historians, and rare book collectors: Here’s a sample of the unusual books that will be offered:
- Birds of California by William L. Dawson 1921/1923, with William Finley listed as a contributor–4 impressive sets in different editions!
- Nature Lovers Library: Birds of America and Mammals of Other Lands, Volumes I-VI, 1917/1923, Edited by T. Gilbert Pearson and John Burroughs, University Society Press
- The Heron by Frank A. Lowe, 1954, Collins Press, London.
- Birds of Oregon by Gabrielson and Jewett (both longtime Portland Audubon supporters), 1940, Oregon State College
- Issues of Bird Lore magazine from the 1920s
Teachers and parents: Be sure to check out the wonderful vintage bird magazines and inexpensive art books for crafts and projects. You can also pick up field guides to encourage independent exploration of the natural world.
Botanists and wildflower enthusiasts: Yes, we have a few choice books for you as well.
To respect all budgets, pricing will be in three categories: “choose your books, choose your donation”, $5 books, and “hot ticket” rare volumes. The majority of books will fall under the “choose your books, choose your donation” category where we encourage you to pay what you can as a donation to Portland Audubon. All proceeds will support the dynamic and fulfilling programs, classes, trips, and public services Portland Audubon offers adults and children year-round.
We have plenty of great titles that need new homes, so make like a goose, and come take a gander!