- This event has passed.
We will also venture up to the higher elevations like Horseshoe Lake, Takh Takh Meadows, Cold Springs and Bird Creek Meadows if open. In the boreal setting above 4000ft, we will look for Spruce Grouse and Three-toed Woodpecker, but we will need a lot of luck with those.
A special treat will the dry forest and marshes of Conboy Lake NWR where we will be looking for Eastern Kingbird, Grasshopper Sparrow, White-headed Woodpecker, and Gray Flycatcher. Some years a Least Flycatcher will set up shop at the refuge headquarters.
- Instructor: Stefan Schlick
- Fee: $200 member / $220 non-member
- Excluded: Lodging (you book, you pay), gas (you drive), food.
- Group size: limited to 12 participants
- This is a self-catering trip and does NOT include transportation or lodging. You can either camp, stay in B&Bs or cabins near Trout Lake or drive back to Hood River. We will meet at 6:30 am in Trout Lake every morning.