Winter is the perfect time travel to the Lower Rio Grande Valley, with its mild tropical weather, and outstanding bird diversity. Join us as we explore the entirety of the lower valley in search of the tropical specialties that can be found nowhere else in the country.Register
- Trip Leaders: Dan van den Broek and Brodie Cass Talbott
- Dates: February 8-13, 2023
- Fee: $1,950 member / $2,150 non-member
- Single supplement: $250
- Deposit: $975
- Group size: Limited to 12 participants
- Fee Includes: Fee is based on double occupancy and includes all lodging, all ground transportation, all meals except dinners, and all guide fees.
- Fee Does Not Include: Airfare, dinners, or alcoholic beverage.
Dan van den Broek
Dan has over 15 years of experience leading international birding trips for Portland Audubon. With prior experiences at Point Reyes Bird Observatory, Redwood Sciences Lab, Klamath Bird Observatory, Costa Rica Bird Observatory, and Avifauna Northwest, Dan brings immense enthusiasm and passion for birds and natural history to all of his trips.
Brodie Cass Talbott
Brodie works as an educator with Portland Audubon. After many years of wildland firefighting and leading river tours, he spent six years living and teaching across Asia, where his interest in birds became his passion. He has birded across five continents, and uses his experience in education and ecotourism to share his love of the outdoors with people from all ages, backgrounds, and abilities, with an eye towards increasing access to wild spaces for people from diverse communities.