- This event has passed.
Class Supply List
- Fee: $45 members / $65 non-members per session
- Where: This class will be held in Heron Hall (in the Portland Audubon House) at 5151 NW Cornell Road, Portland, OR 97210.
- When: Saturday, January 21, 2023, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Class supply list
- Bring lunch if you prefer, snacks, and a water bottle.
- Limited to 12 participants per session
- Masks are now optional indoors.
Meet the Instructor
Ronna Fujisawa, MFA in Applied Craft and Design, from OCAC and PNCA/ BFA Miami University, Oxford, Ohio Artist, art educator, and outdoor enthusiast. Ronna’s creative practice focuses on painting, mixed media, fiber art, and growing indigo for natural dye and paint. She has been living in Portland for seven years. She has found a strong connection to nature and birds through plein air (painting outdoors), watercolor painting, hiking, and kayaking. Her teaching practice includes painting classes at Catlin Gabel School Community Program for adults, Portland Fine Arts Guild, online, and plein air (painting outdoors) watercolor classes for all ages. She has taught Bird Art to elementary school children in Portland Public Schools for six years before the pandemic. Over the last two years, her educational practice has shifted to adult classes, both in-person and zoom. Ronna has been passionately studying and painting birds and landscapes in watercolor for over a decade. Her classes cater to beginner and intermediate students.
For more examples of her work, please visit Ronna’s website: https://saltywaterart.com.