Ecotours and Pacific Northwest Trips
Travel with Us
Join Portland Audubon as we explore the most exciting destinations in the Pacific Northwest and across the globe! Led by passionate and experienced guides, our world-class Ecotour program offers fun and engaging opportunities to observe, learn and build a deeper relationship with the natural world. Our trips are a treasure of birding, wildlife-watching, natural history, and cultural experience.
Portland Audubon is dedicated to environmentally and socially responsible tourism.
Pacific Northwest Trips
Explore the Pacific Northwest with local experts and guides from one of Oregon’s oldest conservation organizations. These trips are open to people of all skill levels, with a focus on comfortable travel and pacing, broad natural history, and attention to the conservation issues of the region.
- February 16-19, 2023 Wallowa Winter Wonderland
- *FULL* February 24-26, 2023 Owls by Day in Walla Walla
- March 24-26, 2023 Newport to Florence
- March 31-April 2, 2023 The Sandhill Cranes of Othello
- *FULL* May 31-June 4, 2023 Malheur Foray
- July 7-9, 2023 Birds, Bugs, and Wildflowers of Mt. Adams
Portland Audubon’s Domestic Ecotours are full-service birding, natural history, and cultural experiences. Our goal is to make your trip easy: we arrange all travel, food, and accommodations, and provide expert birding and natural history guiding, so all you have to focus on is what’s on the other side of your binoculars.
- *FULL* February 1-5, 2023 Arizona in Winter
- *FULL* February 8-13, 2023 Tropical Texas: Birding the Rio Grande Valley
- *FULL* March 6-11, 2023 San Diego and the Imperial Valley
- *FULL* May 6-12, 2023 Springtime in Cape May
Portland Audubon naturalists team up with local expert guides in each destination to provide the best birding, natural history, and cultural trips from Brazil to Ireland to Indonesia. These trips not only highlight the amazing diversity of birds and wildlife, but local and global conservation issues as well.
- *FULL* February 18-March 3, 2023 Birding Costa Rica
- April 14-29, 2023 The Total Solar Eclipse and Birds of Bali, Flores, & East Timor!
- *3 spots left* May 10-20, 2023 Amazon River Cruise
- June 13-28, 2023 Mongolia
- *FULL* August 24-September 5, 2023 Kenya
We strive to create a positive, non-competitive group dynamic that helps everyone feel welcome, comfortable, and engaged throughout the trip. This environment lends itself to the formation of lifelong friendships and deep connection with the natural world. The pace of our trips is suitable for avid birders and the novice alike. We model best practices in the field and always interact with nature in a respectful manner.
All of our Ecotours are designed to keep you safe, curious and inspired. We want every participant to experience the joy of discovery, the power of a strong conservation ethic, and a true sense of belonging in the Portland Audubon community.
By choosing to travel with Portland Audubon, you are supporting the critical conservation work that drives our mission. In addition to our work to protect the Oregon landscape, we strive to highlight and invest in conservation initiatives in the places we visit to help promote the understanding, enjoyment, and protection of native birds, other wildlife, and their habitats. Please join us on an upcoming adventure!
Click below for information about policies, pricing, deposits, cancellations, travel insurance, and more.
Stay up-to-date on our upcoming classes, field trips, and ecotours: