Portland Audubon’s Wildlife Sanctuary has more than 4 miles of trails traversing our 172-acre property. Visitors can venture through forested habitat, stop at our pond and small pavilion, and explore Balch and Bones Creeks.
5151 NW Cornell Rd, Portland, OR 97210
Sanctuary Trails: dawn to dusk everyday
Main phone: 503-292-6855
Nature Store phone: 503-292-9453 (Daily 10 a.m.-5 p.m.)
Nature Store email:
Wildlife Care Center phone: 503-292-0304 (Daily 9 a.m.-5 p.m.)
Wildlife Care Center email: email@example.com
Nestled in beautiful Forest Park, we encourage carpooling, bicycling, and hiking to Portland Audubon.From the intersection of NW Lovejoy and 23rd Ave, head west on Lovejoy (which turns into Cornell). You’ll find us 1.5 miles west of this intersection, on your right hand side just past the second tunnel.
Alternative Transportation Options
Public transit does not run directly to Portland Audubon, but you can take TriMet’s #15 bus to 23rd/Lovejoy and walk 1.5 miles west on Lovejoy, which turns into Cornell. Or, take TriMet’s #15 or #77 to Thurman and 27th, walk six blocks to Lower Macleay Trailhead and hike the trail through Balch Creek Canyon to Audubon. The hike takes about 45 minutes, depending on your pace. Bicycles are not allowed on the Lower MacLeay (Balch Creek) trail.
Coming from north/south/east:
- Take the I-5 freeway to the Fremont Bridge exit.
- Go over the Fremont Bridge, staying in the far right lane, and take the Vaughn Street exit.
- Continue on Vaughn Street to the second stop light (NW 25th).
- Turn left onto 25th and keep going until you come to NW Lovejoy (4 way stop).
- Turn right onto Lovejoy and stay on it. It will veer right and take you up the hill.
- Lovejoy will turn into Cornell Road and you will pass through two tunnels.
- Portland Audubon is on the right approximately 1/4 mile past the second tunnel.
Coming from the west/southwest:
- Head towards town on Highway 26.
- Take the Barnes Road exit and turn right on Barnes Road.
- Go past St. Vincent’s Hospital to Miller Road (approximately one mile).
- Turn left onto Miller and stay on it until you come to Cornell Road.
- Turn right onto Cornell. Continue past Skyline.
- Portland Audubon is on the left about 1.5 miles past the Skyline / Cornell intersection.