Please take action today by submitting comments to the Washington County Board of Commissioners regarding the County’s draft long range planning work program.
– Comments due by 5 p.m. on Friday May, 7th 2021.
– Washington County residents please include your full name and street address.
- Urge County Commissioners to prioritize creation of a tree preservation code for its unincorporated urban areas in this year’s work plan.
- Support funding for refinement of the County’s Significant Natural Resource Program, including creation of more robust upland habitat protection measures.
- Include why protecting trees and other natural resources is important to you personally (i.e. habitat protection, access to nature, neighborhood livability, climate resiliency, water quality, reduced urban heat island effects, increased property value, etc.)