Corps Levee Open Houses
Please tell the Corps that their alternatives should include:
- Climate change modeling to ensure that our flood management strategies will remain resilient in the face of climate change
- Opportunities to reconnect historic floodplains to provide flood storage, fish and wildlife habitat, and improve water quality.
- Opportunities to increase green infrastructure (trees, green roofs, green streets, etc.) inside the levee system to address stormwater in an ecologically responsible manner.
- Modernized levee management protocols to allow habitat restoration on an around the levees.
- Environmental justice objectives that recognize the inequities that are part of the legacy of flooding and flood management strategies along the Columbia