Write or call Portland’s Commissioners today to tell them that you strongly support this step towards reducing the light pollution
Funding this position is a critical step toward a more ecologically healthy and sustainable urban landscape and is key to reducing impacts to ecological health, migrating birds, human health, and our ability to see the night sky!Take Action
Submit email comments to Council members with the subject line: “Please Approve Funding to Address Light Pollution in Budget”
- Mayor Ted Wheeler: MayorWheeler@portlandoregon.gov (503) 823-4120
- Commissioner Amanda Fritz: Amanda.Fritz@portlandoregon.gov (503) 823-3008
- Commissioner Dan Saltzman: Dan@portlandoregon.gov (503) 823-4151
- Commissioner Chloe Eudaly: Chloe@portlandoregon.gov (503) 823-4682
- Commissioner Nick Fish: firstname.lastname@example.org (503) 823-3589
- Tell City Council that you support funding in fall BMP for a position to develop a Lighting Ordinance for the City of Portland;
- Tell City Council that the growing problem of light pollution harms human health and wildlife, wastes energy and blots out the night sk;
- Responsible lighting design meets a range of climate resiliency and sustainability objectives that have been written into the City’s Climate Action Plan, including reducing carbon emissions and fossil fuel dependence, improving energy efficiency and cost savings.
Thank you for helping Portland Audubon protect birds in the urban environment while also protecting human health and our access to the night sky!