Portland Audubon has played a key role in getting these programs in front of City Council, and now we need your help to ensure that these new policies are adopted. You can view our full comments here.
The amendments also include one huge problem—they support a $450 million expansion of I-5 which will do nothing to alleviate congestion but will waste hundreds of millions of dollars. It is important to tell the city to stop this boondoggle now and instead support congestion pricing.
Please see instructions below to submit comments or attend the hearing to let City Council know that you want them to adopt the package of environmental policies in the Central City Plan.
Attend Public Hearing
Thursday, January 18, 2018 | 2 - 5 p.m. | Portland City Hall
Email the following council members with the subject line: “CC2035 Testimony”
- General: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mayor Ted Wheeler: MayorWheeler@portlandoregon.gov
- Amanda Fritz: Amanda.Fritz@portlandoregon.gov
- Commissioner Dan Saltzman: Dan@portlandoregon.gov
- Commissioner Chloe Eudaly: Chloe@portlandoregon.gov
- Commissioner Nick Fish: Nick@portlandoregon.gov
- Support Bird-safe window standard as proposed – Code Section 33.510.2
- Support Ecoroof requirement as proposed – Code Section 33.510.24
- Support Performance Target and Action Plan Amendment #1 re: Redevelopment in the Floodplain
- Support Performance Target and Action Plan Amendment #3 re: Light Pollution and ask council to appropriate funding in 2018 to move this forward
- Oppose Performance Target and Action Plan Amendment #2 re: I-5/ Broadway Corridor: Tell Council that they should abandon this $450 million boondoggle