Help get the word out to other voters to make sure this measure passes on November 5, 2019.
You can help:
- Vote YES on 26-203 and turn in your ballot by November 5 at one of these drop off sites.
- Spread the word to your networks and social media
- Canvass for the campaign to spread the word (Upcoming Audubon Canvass on Oct. 20)
- If you are part of an organization and want to endorse, check out the campaign’s website
If passed, 26-203 will bring over $475 million dollars of investment to our regions greenspaces, while maintaining the current tax rate. Funds will be used for:
- Land acquisition to protect water quality and at-risk wildlife habitat across the region – places like Columbia Slough, Johnson Creek, Tualatin Mountains, and Gresham Buttes.
- Local park projects that increase access on the urban landscape
- Walking and biking trails to connect communities to parks and natural areas
- Grants for community led greenspace projects
- Park improvements at Metro sites including Blue Lake, Oxbow, and Chehalem Ridge
- Integrating nature into public projects – like providing public access to Willamette Falls
All projects will prioritize building landscape resiliency to reduce the impacts of climate change while promoting social and racial equity in order to bring nature to all communities in our region.
Portland Audubon is also urging Portland voters to Vote Yes on 26-204 – to increase protections for Bull Run Watershed, Portland’s watershed.