The Nature Store – where all the profits are for the birds!
Visit our store at our Wildlife Sanctuary in NW Portland or shop online.
Please click here for up-to-date closure information regarding the Nature Store.
Store Location, Hours and Contact Information
Address: 5151 NW Cornell Road, Portland, OR 97210
Hours: Open daily 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Email Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nature Store Phone: 503-292-9453
The Nature Store is open for in-person shopping and our online store is up and running with in store pick-up and shipping options. We are looking forward to having you back and thank you for helping us keep our community safe while shopping!
Cornell Road is now open!
After nearly nine months, NW Cornell Road is finally back open! Both tunnels have been fully refurbished, making them safer for many years to come. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this process.
Shop at the Nature Store Online!
Our Nature Store is online! Shop our selection of optics, books, bird feeders and seed, trail maps, field guides, locally made wares, and more - all from the safety and comfort of your own home. All proceeds support Portland Audubon's work to protect Oregon’s native birds, wildlife, and habitat.
COVID-19 Nature Store Protocols
- Face masks are optional
- High-touch points will be frequently sanitized
- Water fountain for bottles only
Orders for Pickup or Shipping & Digital Optics Appointments
- Online Nature Store – We’re so proud to launch our digital Nature Store! We’ll be adding items regularly! Shop our selection of optics, books, bird feeders and seed, trail maps, field guides, locally made wares, and more – all from the safety and comfort of your own home. Shop.
- Shipping – We are happy to ship just about anything we offer in the store, whether it be books, gifts, feeders, or even binoculars. Please call/email to set up payment and delivery options.
- In-store Pick-up – Place your order online and select the free in-store pickup option. You can also phone or email your order in (view our menu of bird seed options here). We are happy to assist you with any product questions or offerings!
- Optics Appointments – In person (with COVID-19 safely protocols) optics appointments are available! Please call or email to set up an appointment. We may not be able to accommodate walk-in optics viewings, so please set up an appointment.
Please note that we no longer offer bird seed delivery service. We hope that in the future we will have the capacity to start this up again. We appreciate your support and flexibility as our services evolve and change. Thank you!
We are so grateful for the support of the Portland Audubon community. The Nature Store hopes to continue inspiring people to love and connect with nature and support Portland Audubon’s mission. Each purchase you make from the Nature Store supports Portland Audubon as a whole and helps keep our community strong. Thank you!
About the Nature Store
The Portland Audubon Nature Store is the perfect destination for all things bird and nature-related. Nestled in Portland Audubon’s 172-acre Wildlife Sanctuary, nature lovers can try out optics, browse our vast selection of books, and talk to our expert staff and dedicated volunteers to find what they are looking for.
The Nature Store carries an extensive collection of:
- Nature books and field guides
- Spotting scopes and tripods
- Bird seed and suet
- Bird houses
- Trail maps
- Locally crafted snacks, gifts, and souvenirs
Members of Portland Audubon enjoy a 10% discount on all purchases, and every dollar spent at the Nature Store supports Portland Audubon’s educational programming, outreach, and conservation efforts. Gift cards are available in any denomination and never expire. Make sure to stop in at the Nature Store on your next visit to the Portland Audubon Wildlife Sanctuary!
Why Shop at the Nature Store
- Our expert staff and dedicated volunteers can answer your questions and help you find the perfect optics, book, bird house, or feeder depending on your needs.
- Every dollar we make is used right here on the ground in Oregon to protect native birds, other wildlife and their habitat through advocacy, environmental education, habitat restoration, wildlife rehabilitation, and stewardship.
- After you shop, venture onto our 4 miles of trails at the Portland Audubon Wildlife Sanctuary, free to the public and open from dawn until dusk.