The Nature Store – where all the profits are for the birds!
- Hours: Tuesday-Sunday 10 a.m.-4 p.m., closed Mondays
- Email Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nature Store Phone: 503-292-9453
The Nature Store is open for in-person shopping beginning Tuesday, September 1 with COVID-19 safety protocols in place. The Nature Store is currently set up in Heron Hall while some renovations are done in the store. We are looking forward to having you back and thank you for helping us keep our community safe while we shop!
Curbside Pickups will still be available! Call, email, or visit our website to place an order.
Shop at the Nature Store Online!
Our Nature Store is online! Shop our selection of optics, books, bird feeders and seed, trail maps, field guides, locally made wares, and more - all from the safety and comfort of your own home. All proceeds support Portland Audubon's work to protect Oregon’s native birds, wildlife, and habitat.
New Nature Store Protocols
- Face masks must be worn indoors at all times
- 6 ft. physical distancing inside and outside of the store (please follow directional arrows and signage)
- Limit of four customers in the store
- High-touch points will be frequently sanitized
- No public access to restrooms or water
Our primary concern will continue to be for the health of our customers, staff, and volunteers.
We have reviewed the governor’s stay in place order, and are complying fully with the steps to keep our community safe. We are taking extra steps to sanitize merchandise, using gloves when packaging orders, and making sure we are physically distancing ourselves from customers when doing delivery or pick-ups and in the store. Please keep in mind that these are new service offerings that will evolve based on our capacity.
Orders with Curbside Pickup or Shipping & Digital Optics Appointments
Place orders by calling 503-292-9453 between 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday – Saturday or by emailing us at email@example.com
- NEW! Online Nature Store – We’re so proud to launch our digital Nature Store! We’ll be adding items regularly! Shop our selection of optics, books, bird feeders and seed, trail maps, field guides, locally made wares, and more – all from the safety and comfort of your own home. Shop.
- Shipping – We are happy to ship just about anything we offer in the store, whether it be books, gifts, feeders, or even binoculars. Please call or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up payment and delivery options.
- Curbside Pick-up – Phone or email your order in (view our menu of bird seed options here), and pick it up at the Nature Store. We will set up payment and a time to pick up when you place your order. We are happy to assist you with any product questions or offerings. Call or email the store with questions or to place an order.
- Optics Appointments – Virtual and/or in person (with COVID-19 safely protocols) optics appointments are available! Please call or email to set up an appointment. We may not be able to accommodate walk-in optics viewings, so please set up an appointment.
Please note that we no longer offer bird seed delivery service. We hope that in the future we will have the capacity to start this up again. We appreciate your support and flexibility as our services evolve and change. Thank you!
We are so grateful for the support of the Portland Audubon community. During this time it’s reassuring to know that we can lean on each other and find solace in nature. The Nature Store hopes to continue inspiring people to love and connect with nature and support Portland Audubon’s mission. Each purchase you make from the Nature Store supports Portland Audubon as a whole and helps keep our community strong. Thank you!
About the Nature Store
The Portland Audubon Nature Store is the perfect destination for all things bird and nature-related. Nestled in Portland Audubon’s 172-acre Wildlife Sanctuary, nature lovers can try out optics, browse our vast selection of books, and talk to our expert staff and dedicated volunteers to find what they are looking for.
Members of Portland Audubon enjoy a 10% discount on all purchases, and every dollar spent at the Nature Store supports Portland Audubon’s educational programming, outreach, and conservation efforts. Gift cards are available in any denomination and never expire. Make sure to stop in at the Nature Store on your next visit to the Portland Audubon Wildlife Sanctuary!
Contact and Hours of Operation
The Nature Store is temporarily closed to the public due to the impacts of COVID-19. Please check back for updated hours.
Monday – Saturday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Holiday closures: Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. The store will also close at 3 p.m. New Year’s Eve.
Phone Number: 503-292-9453
Why Shop at the Nature Store
- Our expert staff and dedicated volunteers can answer your questions and help you find the perfect optics, book, bird house, or feeder depending on your needs.
- Every dollar we make is used right here on the ground in Oregon to protect native birds, other wildlife and their habitat through advocacy, environmental education, habitat restoration, wildlife rehabilitation, and stewardship.
- After you shop, venture onto our 4 miles of trails at the Portland Audubon Wildlife Sanctuary, free to the public and open from dawn until dusk.