The Nature Store – where all the profits are for the birds!
Portland Audubon is closely monitoring COVID-19 and assessing how we can help slow the virus. To help achieve that goal we have made the difficult decision to close down our Nature Store, Interpretive Center, and offices to the public. The decision to close our offices and reduce operations will help protect staff, volunteers, and the greater community by increasing physical distancing. We will continue to assess this dynamic situation as it evolves, prioritizing the health of our community.
During this time, the Nature Store would like to provide support and resources to our valued customers and members. Even though we are closed to the public, Nature Store staff will still be working in the store to best serve you. Our primary concern is for the health of our customers, staff, and volunteers.
We have reviewed the governor’s stay in place order, and are complying fully with the steps to keep our community safe. We are taking extra steps to sanitize merchandise, using gloves when packaging orders, and making sure we are physically distancing ourselves from customers when doing delivery or pick-ups. Please keep in mind that these are new service offerings that will evolve based on our capacity.
Orders with Curbside Pickup or Shipping, Bird Seed Home Delivery, & Digital Optics Appointments
Place orders by calling 503-292-9453 or emailing us at email@example.com
- Shipping – We are able to ship most items directly to you and will offer free shipping on orders of $75 or more. We are happy to ship just about anything we offer in the store, whether it be books, gifts, feeders, or even binoculars. Please call or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up payment and delivery options.
- Curbside Pick-up – Phone or email your order in (view our menu of bird seed options here), and pick it up at the Nature Store. We will set up payment and a time to pick up when you place your order. We are happy to assist you with any product questions or offerings. Call or email the store with questions or to place an order.
- Bird Seed Delivery – Portland Audubon’s Nature Store is pleased to now offer a bird seed delivery service right to your front door! View our bird seed menu or click here for our delivery options.
- Digital Optics Appointments –You can still ask the experts and get the right information for purchasing binoculars or spotting scopes! We are offering individual appointments by phone or video with Nature Store staff. Appointments are available Monday – Friday from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Please call or email with questions or to set up an appointment.
- Email Contact: email@example.com
- Nature Store Phone: 503-292-9453
We are so grateful for the support of the Portland Audubon community. During this time it’s reassuring to know that we can lean on each other and find solace in nature. The Nature Store hopes to continue inspiring people to love and connect with nature and support Portland Audubon’s mission. Each purchase you make from the Nature Store supports Portland Audubon as a whole and helps keep our community strong. Thank you!
About the Nature Store
The Portland Audubon Nature Store is the perfect destination for all things bird and nature-related. Nestled in Portland Audubon’s 172-acre Wildlife Sanctuary, nature lovers can try out optics, browse our vast selection of books, and talk to our expert staff and dedicated volunteers to find what they are looking for.
Members of Portland Audubon enjoy a 10% discount on all purchases, and every dollar spent at the Nature Store supports Portland Audubon’s educational programming, outreach, and conservation efforts. Gift cards are available in any denomination and never expire. Make sure to stop in at the Nature Store on your next visit to the Portland Audubon Wildlife Sanctuary!
Contact and Hours of Operation
The Nature Store is temporarily closed to the public due to the impacts of COVID-19. Please check back for updated hours.
Monday – Saturday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Holiday closures: Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. The store will also close at 3 p.m. New Year’s Eve.
Phone Number: 503-292-9453
Why Shop at the Nature Store
- Our expert staff and dedicated volunteers can answer your questions and help you find the perfect optics, book, bird house, or feeder depending on your needs.
- Every dollar we make is used right here on the ground in Oregon to protect native birds, other wildlife and their habitat through advocacy, environmental education, habitat restoration, wildlife rehabilitation, and stewardship.
- After you shop, venture onto our 4 miles of trails at the Portland Audubon Wildlife Sanctuary, free to the public and open from dawn until dusk.